Overthinking

So here we are… After coming back from Toronto the both of us had to overthink the new situation. Is there still any sense to leave everything behind for just a half year?

Chris’ reason and therefore the possibility to work for his company in Toronto was gone. Would there be any other ways to keep his job? Riga would have to quit her job definitely to go abroad. It was ha hard time for us. And the fact, that our friends and family wanted to know how it goes on, made it even harder for us. Do you know the kind of “please leave me alone to sort this situation”-feeling? The time was full of this thoughts.

The idea was to make a decision after Regina’s birthday and our skiing-holiday in February. And we both are some kind of character that wouldn’t change plans once we decided to follow them. So the time we had to relax in the first days of skiing holidays made us clear: we definitely want to pursue our dream of going abroad, together we can make it!

So we decided to enjoy our quality time with friends in Austria.

IMG_1657
Fun times in Zillertal

There’s a hint why we were just talking about the first few days of our skiing trip. Because shit happens, and it happens every time. With two days left, and shortly before lunch break on a beautiful sunny day, Regina loses power and topples. Too slow to release the binding, too fast to not twist the left knee out of its position. While the first diagnosis in hospital left us with a bit of hope (suspected cruciate ligament stretch), the in-depth analysis back in Germany spoke another language: almost every ligament in the knee was ripped off. So IF Regina ever wanted to go back on skies or could think about active sports, a surgery was the only way to go for.

IMG_1664
Still smiling…

Voilá, the next big rock were just put in our way…

Deutsche Version:

Da stehen wir nun… Nachdem wir aus Toronto zurückgekommen sind, musste jeder für sich die neue Situation überdenken. Macht es noch Sinn für ein halbes Jahr alles hinter sich zu lassen?

Chris Möglichkeit in seinem Job aus Toronto heraus zu arbeiten war damit Geschichte. Welche Möglichkeiten gab es noch für ihn? Regina müsste definitiv ihren Job kündigen um ins Ausland zu gehen. Für uns beide war es keine einfache Situation. Und die Tatsache, das jeder um uns herum, der in unsere Pläne eingeweiht war, wissen wollte, wie es für uns weiter geht, machte alles nur noch schwieriger. Kennt ihr dieses Gefühl von “lasst mich bitte in Ruhe, ich muss alles für mich selber erst sortieren”? Die Zeit war voll damit.

Eigentlich wollten wir nach dem Skiurlaub über Reginas Geburtstag unsere Entscheidung treffen. Doch beide sind wir Personen, die sich nicht so schnell von ihren Plänen abbringen lassen und die Ruhe, die wir in den ersten Tagen des Skiurlaubs genossen haben, machte uns klar: Wir wollen diesen Traum von Ausland verwirklichen. Zusammen bekommen wir das schon irgendwie hin.

Also haben wir entschieden unsere Zeit in Österreich mit unseren Freunden zu genießen.

Wieso ich nur von den ersten Tagen im Skiurlaub rede? Es kam wie es kommen musste: Kurz vor der Mittagspause am vorletzten Tag schwinden die Kräfte und Regina stürzt… in Zeitlupe. Die Bindung der Skier löst sich nicht und das Knie ist verdreht. Diagnose im Krankenhaus: Verdacht auf Kreuzbanddehnung. Behandlung: Ruhe und Weiterbehandlung in Deutschland. In Deutschland dann jedoch die Feststellung, dass im Knie eigentlich fast alles kaputt ist, was nur kaputt gehen kann. Wenn Regina also jemals wieder aktiv Sport betreiben und zurück auf die Skier wollte, war die OP unumgänglich.

Und da war er, der nächste Stein, der in unseren Weg geschoben wurde…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s